Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

The Sustainable Futures Report



Welcome to the Sustainable Futures Report, a weekly podcast on all things sustainable. You can find the text with links to sources at . Show your support at


Apr 16, 2021

This week, a follow-up to Fukushima, COP26 - why Greta won’t be going, why she certainly won’t be going in an SUV, Seaspiracy- that Netflix film, Ade Adepitan on the front line, lab-grown meat and growing your own pan scourer. And an interview with Bertrand Piccard, the man who flew round the world on solar power...

Apr 9, 2021

A brief look back at my 14 years of podcasting.

Mar 26, 2021

It's Earth Hour on Saturday and stories this week include riots in Bristol, time  running short to get a grip on the climate crisis  and calls to speed up renewable energy growth. Health risks from oil, British government cuts electric car grants, puts climate change at the heart of its integrated strategy...

Mar 19, 2021

The good news is that there's no bad news, just challenges and new opportunities. Here's a selection of the sustainability stories that have crossed my desk...

Mar 12, 2021

Over 70% of the earth’s surface is covered by water. The beaches, the boundary between the oceans and the other 30% of the surface where we live, is constantly battered by waves.
This week I had a conversation with Kim McCoy, author of the third edition of Waves and Beaches. Kim has recently completed an Ironman...